As usual in January, the Mayor’s Message will be short to make room for lots of start-of-the-year information. Please call Borough Hall or visit www.littlesilver.org or our Facebook page to find out about upcoming events or other town information that may not be included in this newsletter.
Please wish outgoing Councilwoman Corinne Thygeson all the best as she concludes her service on the Borough Council. Corinne served exceptionally well, and we thank her for her service and her family for supporting her involvement! And please welcome Doug Christensen to the Borough Council as he begins his first term in January. Welcome Doug!
- The Borough is preparing for its 100 th birthday in 2023 . Every facet of Little Silver will join in the celebration, scheduled for June 24, and all are welcome at our next organizational meeting on January 25, 2023 at 7 p.m. at the Woman’s Club. Those interested in helping may also email council member Stephanie Brannagan at [email protected] .
- Please shovel or salt your sidewalk as may be called for by inclement weather. The town clears some school and main walkways, but cannot clear the majority of our sidewalks, especially with the addition of several sidewalks in 2021. Likewise, please remove cars and any limbs or brush from the street when snow is forecast, as required to make way for plowing. And if you’ve got a fire hydrant nearby, please help our volunteer fire department by clearing any snow cover.
- Please be sure you are signed up for emergency alerts , or give a New Year’s gift to a neighbor or friend and make sure they are signed up. Go to littlesilver.org and click on Emergency Services, and then Two River Alert – Code Red Notifications, or call 866-939-0911 or borough hall for assistance.
- Please remove all valuables and lock your cars when not in use. Our police advise that making our town less attractive to thieves will keep us all safer.
- And lastly, please thank our first responders when you have a moment. Our police, and our all-volunteer Fire Department, Fire Police, and EMS are there for all of us at a moment’s notice, year in, and year out. We’re fortunate to have them.
On behalf of your council members – President Chris Smith, Don Galante, outgoing council member Corinne Thygeson, Mike Holzapfel, Kevin Brennan, Stephanie Brannagan, and incoming council member Doug Christensen – and your entire Borough Team, we hope your holiday season was healthy, merry and bright, and we wish all of you a happy and safe New Year!
Robert C. Neff Jr.